Saturday, June 19, 2010

My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

I'm 13 and ever since I was little my Dad has pushed and pushed at me to have hair down longer past my butt. I've never wanted to have hair that long, but I am not allowed to cut it, so I deal with it. But I really want to get my hair cut shorter, long hair gives me headaches. Even when I sit down and take the time to ask him nicely he just says a straight out "No, it's already too short as it is". Does anybody have any advice?



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

Maybe your mom could help you out, or a big sister. You could get it cut on a girl's day out. Once it's cut shorter, Dad can say little about it! He might like it - you never know.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

its your hair!!!!!! explain to him you want to experience different options.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

short hair is unfeminine therefor stay straint and leave your hair long.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

Get it cut - he will be mad but it will be cut and he will have to get over it. Its your hair. You might be grounded but it won't be forever and your hair will be shorter.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

Well, since you are 13...you don't have a lot of say in it, but just so you know...I think he's being very unreasonable. He isn't the one who has to deal with the length and the headaches, and it isn't fair that he expects you to.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

im 14 and i cut my hair last year it was also super long, my mom practically cried, but neways i would just show him some pics of how you would like your hair and if he says no, dont push it ask him later and maybe try to find a place where they have cheap haircuts to get him to consider it good luck!



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

ur dads got a fetish for long hair, he shouldn't be using his daughter to fulfil his fantasy's thats wrong and kinda perverted, sorry no offence meant.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

Unless you are members of a religious sect that doesn't allow women to cut their hair, you should be able to. Your father sounds very controlling. What would be the consequence of having your hair trimmed ever so often and with each subsequent hair cut, a little more and a little more was taken off? Men are generally not very observant, ya know?



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

Why is your dad putting himself before you?? What does he benefit from YOUR hair?? Tell him that it is giving you headaches because that is your health you are talking about here. I say, get some money and cut it yourself.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

Is your mother in the picture???? I think a woman would understand your problem and allow you to cut your hair. Just ask him maturely and ask if you can get a "trim". Then, if the hair dresser ACCIDENTLY cut off too much, oh well. What would your father do? Glue it back? Good luck. Maybe you should let him read these Yahoo! answers and he could come to an agreement with you. Good luck.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

At 13, I will not suggest that you start defying your father's wishes or to do things that are clearly against his wishes. I can only suggest that you speak with him (and do not use the excuse that it gives you headaches, as you've heard others say... I have a ponytail that goes beyond my waist and I am a man, and have had long hair since the late '60s; my wife also had long, long hair as did my daughter. My mother has a braid that reaches the back of her knees; my niece also has very long hair like my mother, and both my nephews, too. We do not get "headaches" from long hair).



I also did not let my daughter cut her hair and I did not have her ears pierced. When she became 12 she asked me if she could have her ears pierced and I said, "You may do it if it is what YOU want," and she she asked me why I didn't have it done when she was a child, I told her, "I have no right to impose a form of mutilation on your body. I give you permission to have one piercing on each ear." Today, she's in her 30s and still only has one solitary ear-piercing on each ear. Insofar as her hair, I waited until she was 16 and she asked me if she could cut her hair and I said, "Just make sure it is not a boyish style." She cut it shorter, to her shoulders, and has regretted it ever since. Her daughter, strangely enough, has long, long hair like she used to have and she won't cut it; she says that she'll let HER daughter cut it when she's 16 or 17 years old!



Speak with your dad and tell him that you are tired of having to deal with your hair so long and that you would like it at least down the middle of your back and not down past to your waist. Speak with him without whining and complaining. It is NOT a fetish; it merely looks prettier for us as parents to see our little girls with long hair. Those who say otherwise are merely projecting their own fetishes on others.



Good luck and best wishes.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

i had the same problem as you and i know how it feels, and I'm sorry for it.....but i think i might have a solution.....you can fold your hair, into a pony-tail (start putting on your band on and when you get to the final round, don't let your hair go through it all the way...make it look short by making it "folded" to the band) ....this will give an expression that you have shorter hair, but remember to make it look like it is reasonable(not 2 short and have it proportioned) and also make sure you have a "better expression" on you face than how you actually do, and that would make you prettier than how you look with longer hair(wear some natural make-up)...then, go in front of your dad and see what response he gives you by looking at your "new look". And try to tell him all your feelings. That is how I worked my problem and I really hope it works for you.



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

go to the nurse everyday at school complaining of headaches..eventually she will try to look into the problem and speak with your parent's about...maybe once he realizes it hurting you he will change his mind



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

wow that is some **** you got there



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

Well just explain to him that your hair is way to long, also say its your hair and you want it shorter.



PS. ask your Dad nicely



My dad won't let me get my hair cut?

Tell him you want to sell your hair. Maybe if he realizes your hair is worth some cash, he might let you cut and sell it. You can sell your hair at: http://hairbuyer.com

1 comment:

  1. Take some scissors and cut your hair. He can ground you all he likes, but he can't make your hair grow back any faster. No matter what anyone says, at the end of the day, it's your hair. He doesn't own your hair, he might be your guardian, he might know what's best for you medically, educationally, nutritionally, but but no one own's you, you're a person.

    ReplyDelete

 
mileage rate